Saturday 13 January 2018

Global Design Project 120 | CASE the Designer

It's been a while since I participated in a Global Design Project (GDP) challenge, so thought I'd have another go this week.  This week is a CASE the Designer challenge and we are
CASE-ing this card by Canadian designer Krista Frattin.


What I really liked about Krista's design is the crispness of the white, with just little pops of light colours, and that's what I tried to go for in my card.

I used one of the new sets from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue - Magical Day. I also received my brand new collection of Stampin' Blends this week, so I've been having a bit of a play with those and wanted to incorporate them into the card.  

I added just a tiny amount of colour to the unicorn with the Light Pink Pirouette and Light Pool Party Blends. Usually with alcohol markers you would colour with at least two similar colours together, and 'blend' them to get the variation in shades. I wanted lots of white space to be left on the unicorn though, so I tried using the Colour Lifter as my secondary 'colour' to blend with...I think it worked OK!  


I was also inspired by Louise Sharp's project for this GDP challenge - I'm always blown away by the awesome colouring she does and she managed to get lots of white space on her gorgeous elephant in amongst the grey and pink. Louise coloured hers with the Stampin' Up! watercolour pencils and aqua-brush, but I was intrigued to see if I could colour something with the blends without actually colouring the whole image).


I added a circle of vellum behind the unicorn to soften the colour of the Pool Party aqua-wash that I put down first of all.  Why don't you head over to the Global Design Project page to check out all the awesome designs on there.

Main products I used for this card:

No comments:

Post a Comment