Sunday 27 August 2017

Star Wars baby shower

I do like a challenge, especially when it involves card-making!  Last week a friend of mine asked me if I would mind making a card for an upcoming baby shower she's attending. Sure, no worries at all. It's a Star Wars theme...can I do something for that? Ummmmm...I have never watched a Star Wars movie in my life (yes, those people do exist!) but sure...challenge accepted!  So, with thanks to Pinterest and a card I found by Carolina Evans I came up with something that I'm pretty happy with, and it was really quite simple to make.

I showed my nine year old son the completed card and asked him who it was...

Him: It's Princess Leia.

Me: Yesss...nailed it! {happy dance}

Him: Err, no, you didn't quite nail it mum. 

Me: Huh?????

Him:  You gave her a pink lightsaber.

Me: Huh?????

Him:  You should have given her a blue lightsaber, or a gun. You've turned Princess Leia into a baddie. Not quite nailing it. {shakes head in disappointment at incompetent mother}

Oh well, it's too late now, and hopefully the baby on the receiving end of the card won't care (or know) that it's the wrong coloured lightsaber!


I love the "Marbled" background stamp and thought it would work perfectly as a soft background for Princess Leia and her pink {should have been blue} lightsaber!  I used the (retired) large oval punch for the head and body, the bottom of one of the Butterflies Thinlits for the main part of her hair, and the (retired) word window punch for everything else. The greeting was created with the Classic Label punch and stamps from Happy Birthday Gorgeous.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment